There are endless use cases for these APIs. From sending quick and effective SMS/MMS text messages such as alerts or engaging trivia, to nearly instantaneous mobile video transcoding and distribution for a more robust end user experience, our APIs makes it easy for developers to create new apps or add functionality within existing web and mobile applications. In this blog series, we are going to present various use cases by API, beginning with our SMS/MMS messaging API. These examples will provide glimpse of the vast uses and features of each API. Full details on how to use each of these APIs can be found on our developer website at the specific links provided below.
Introducing Mogreet’s SMS/MMS API
Mogreet’s SMS/MMS API enables SMS and MMS text messaging via any mobile or web app. The potential applications of SMS/MMS messaging APIs are wide-ranging from two-factor authentication (sending secure PINs) to creating memes featuring MMS images texted in from third parties. After all, with a 97% open rate, text messages are the fastest and most personal tool available to reach and engage users.
Here are some examples of how you can use SMS and MMS text message APIs. Text alerts, ranging from confirmations to recalls, are the most common way people use SMS/MMS, but of course, there are so many other uses. How about creating a brand hero wall by collecting images from users through inbound text? Or promoting an app download by segmenting your mobile subscribers list by which OS the users have? Sending directions with an image of a map attached and even creating a crowd sourced wedding album with user-generated content? The possibilities are endless!
To help you get started, here are 30 examples for how you can use Mogreet’s SMS/MMS APIs:
1. Confirm appointments/reservations
2. Order delivery confirmation
3. Sending receipts (image or just text)
4. Pick up or take out alert
5. Sports scores with video or just text (Fantasy football, etc.)
6. System error or offline alerts
7. Product recalls
General information or promotion
8. Authentication of financial/account information (PIN code or CAPTCHA image)
9. Game or App download links
10. Inbound voting or polling
11. Field staff coordination
12. Fundraising information with a link to mobile site for payment
13. Mobile ecards or memes
14. Question and answers
15. Political campaign updates
16. Text to win – contests or sweepstakes
17. Feedback services
18. Store locator
19. ESPN + Mogreet SMS/MMS = sports scores, video highlights, and more
20. Flickr + Mogreet SMS/MMS = text-in images, send images
21. Maps + Mogreet SMS/MMS = text directions, maps, transit info
22. Twilio + Mogreet MMS = send voicemails via MMS
23. Instagram/Facebook/Twitter + Mogreet MMS = Publish photos via MMS
24. Salesforce/Linkedin + Mogreet MMS = Scan Business cards via MMS
Information on Demand
25. Movie times, titles, and location
26. Local weather – weekly, daily, or weekend scheduled
27. Traffic conditions – or even DUI checkpoints!
28. Loyalty club membership information
MO Campaigns (Mobile Originated Response – User Generated Content)
29. Crowd sourced wedding photo album or gallery pages – like meme bro!
30. Police blotter – text in crimes in progress
31. Beautify your city – text in city property in need of repair
Building a Mobile Database:
32. Create loyal mobile subscriber database for remessaging
33. Set up different lists or keywords for specific programs or events (i.e. Halloween Party RSVPs, Happy Hour Participants)
Doesn’t this list just make you want to start hacking to find the coolest way to integrate SMS/MMS? What uses can you think? Let us know or better yet, sign up today, receive a $25 free credit and show us what you create with the Mogreet APIs. Send us your creation and we would love to help promote your program!
Who is building with Mogreet’s MMS APIs? Check out the latest blog post from Oracle’s Noel Portugal, who used the MMS image API to enhance the Oracle Social Network.